Motivation can come from a myriad of sources. It could be from your friends or from a weight loss forum or from your positive thinking. You need this motivation to get started and get going to lose weight. But in as much as you have motivation, you cannot get anywhere unless you understand calorie intake. Basically, a pound of fat is made up of 3,500 calories. Hence for you to lose a pound, you need to burn 3,500 calories in a stipulated amount of time, say a week. Each of us has a calorie maintenance level. This is the amount of calories we need to eat to maintain our weight on a daily basis. For us to lose weight, we need to create a calorie deficit. What this means is we have to consume fewer calories than we eat and/or burn more calories.
Cutting back on our calorie intake is the most important factor on how to lose weight. So, how do we cut back our calorie intake easily? Let’s look at 10 simple ways you could use to do this and lose a lot of weight;
1. Drink water before a meal. This ensures that you are partly full and you will not consume a lot of food.
2. Eat 5 times a day. Spread out your meals at least 5 times in a day. Your meals should contain nutritional value that will help you alleviate hunger pains and evade eating unhealthy foods. Another important note, never skip meals. This enables you to kill any temptations to eat more later. Over eating is dangerous and detrimental to weight loss. This keeps away hunger and regulates your blood sugar.
3. Each portion you eat should be in small quantities. Eat 5 meals a day but in small quantities. You could start your day with tea and brown bread, a bowl of cereal and an egg. I find this breakfast very effective in giving me energy as well as filling me for a long time while having eaten fewer calories. Incorporate some yogurt, fruit salad, protein shake in your meal.
4. Drink 2 glasses of water in the morning. Usually, when you wake up, you are dehydrated. Drinking water gives you that feel good aura.
5. Switch to diet soda instead of regular soda and juice. Diet soda contains far much fewer calories compared to regular soda and juice.
6. Replace regular yogurt with natural yogurt.
7. Be active. Weight loss must incorporate activity. Walk instead of taking the taxi home. Take the staircase and ditch the elevator, take a brisk walk to the fruit stand during your lunch hour and walk instead of driving. Incorporate strength training in your routine. Did you know that it plays a great role in shaping up your body, well now you know.
8. Don’t eliminate fat from your diet. Fat is as important in your weight loss program as is workout. But not all fats are essential for weight loss. We are talking of healthy fats that are very useful in keeping our skin supple, giving us fatty acids and a great source of energy. We need 10% of our calories to come from fats. You can get good fat from nuts, fish, vegetables and avocados.
9. Replace eggs with egg whites
10. Replace white bread with brown bread. Especially when you want to get rid of that belly fat.
Use these calorie cutting tips and achieve great weight loss success.