Before buying eContactLenses, a person should consult an ophthalmologist. They will perform a complete assessment to determine among the many models, the lens best suited to your eye and your needs. The following visits are intended to test the chosen lens and verify that it suits you.
Know that there are contact lenses for all visual defects: myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism, presbyopia, and so on. On the other hand, it has long been said that lens wearers must produce a lot of tears for contacts to work correctly. This isn’t necessarily the case. Below are some things to discuss during your visit to the ophthalmologist.
Start by telling the doctor the reason for the visit
- Contact lenses
- Eyesight assessment (medical follow-up visit)
- Ophthalmological consultation (gene, red eye, inflammation, etc.)
- Orthoptic rehabilitation (convergence problem, migraines, and so on)
- Eye surgery
Genetic history and desires
- Blurred vision, tiring, focusing problem, light sensitivity?
- To see from afar, up close, with both eyes, one in particular?
- In the evening, in the morning, throughout the day, during certain activities?
- Aesthetics, vision precision, comfort, lifestyle
- Glasses, lenses, alternation between the two, surgery
Use of lenses
- Regular, casual
- At night
- Treating certain issues
- Working conditions: lighting, air conditioning, dust
- Need to see especially: far, close, in between, at all distances
- Frequency of each
Your medical background is also necessary, especially any known pathologies of the family (glaucoma, cataract, diabetes, etc.).
Why opt for daily contacts?
For starters, there is the ease of use. These disposable lenses can be put in during the morning hours and taken out in the evening. They do not require cleaning or disinfection either. Ultra-comfortable, this solution reduces the risk of infection or allergy. It also avoids the use of maintenance products.
Daily lenses are perfect for:
- Casual wearers
- People with sensitive eyes
- Beginners, especially children
With monthly or bi-monthly lenses, regular maintenance allows wearers to maintain an appropriate level of hygiene. Less expensive than everyday contacts, they bring people an equivalent comfort. They are suitable for all regular wearers, but people should consult their eye doctor before making a decision.